The Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure, formerly the Public Works and Transportation Committee, and often called simply the "Transportation Committee." This panel deals with all forms of civilian transportation including those by road, air, water and rail, and also related infrastructure issues including highways, bridges, pipelines, ports, navigable waterways, the environmental health of water bodies, the U.S. Coast Guard and the Merchant Marine.
- The Subcommittee on Highways and Transit, where Rep. Petri serves as chairman, has responsibility for America's federal highway and transit programs, motor carrier regulation issues.
- The Subcommittee on Aviation, has jurisdiction over aviation isues, including the Federal Aviation Administration and the National Transportation Safety Board.
- The Subcommittee on Economic Development, Public Buildings and Emergency Management, has jurisdiction over programs addressing the federal management of emergencies and natural disasters, such as FEMA, public buildings and federal real estate, such as the GSA, and programs affecting economic development, such as the Economic Development Administration (EDA).
The Committee on Education and the Workforce, previously called the Education and Labor Committee, has jurisdiction over education, labor and related issues such as the Older Americans Act, Head Start, the WIC program (Infants, Women and Children), and others.
- The Subcommittee on Early Childhood, Elementary, and Secondary Education has jurisdiction over federal policy for all education and training before the high school level, including education of the disabled, homeless and migrant labor, school constructions, overseas dependent schools, career and technical training, school safety and alcohol and drug about prevention, educational research and improvement, and early learning programs.
- The Subcommittee on Higher Education and Workforce Training has jurisdiction over education and training beyond the high school level including, but not limited to, higher education generally, postsecondary student assistance and employment services, and all programs related to the arts and humanities, museum and library services, and arts and artifacts.